Brett Snodgrass is Family Nurse Practitioner practicing in Memphis, TN. She has practiced in Palliative Care and Pain Management for the last 12 years, which included opening and directing two pain centers in the greater Memphis area. She is also an award-winning healthcare blogger – The NP Mom and is the owner of BBS Health Education; where she creates and presents continuing education for healthcare providers, both live and online.
Brett is board certified with AANP, where she is currently the TN State Representative. She is also a Certified Pain Educator and the first NP in the US to be certified as an Advanced Pain Management Provider through the Academy of Integrative Pain Management. She also is a Fellow of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners.
Brett serves on the Board of Directors of the Academy of Integrative Pain Management and the Tennessee Pain Society. Brett was also selected to sit on the TN Chronic Pain Guidelines Committee. Brett is a lecturer and clinical expert for the FDA mandated CO*RE REMS addressing the public health crisis surrounding the use, abuse, diversion and overdose associated of opioids.
Brett received the 2015 AANP State Excellence Award for Tennessee for her work across the state on the TN Chronic Pain Task Force, as well as advocating for TN Full Practice Authority for Nurse Practitioners. She was also awarded the 2017 Memphis Business Journal Healthcare Hero Award for her work with pain patients across the Memphis area.
Do you have a couple of burning questions for a Pain Expert? You really don’t need a FULL – Hour Session. Want to make sure you are on the right track with a new job in pain management, contracting, state rules and regs…. Or anything pain related. Let’s chat and move you in the right direction. BBS Health Education will email you prior to our appointment to confirm the consultation – please provide us with 3 days and times that work for you. I look forward to talking to you.
Maybe you are new to pain management, but have some experience. You don’t feel like you need 8 hours of training? BBS Health Education will email you prior to our appointment with a survey so we can tailor our 1 hour consultation to your needs. We want to make this time worth your time and money. Please provide us with 3 days and times that work for you – we will email you with date and time confirmation. If that time doesn’t work for you, we will work around your schedule. I look forward to talking to you.
The only live online chronic pain course for nurse practitioners being taught by a Chronic Pain Expert. A live one on one event with 8 hours of pain management lecture, live one on one question and answer, AND you can do it from the comfort of your home and office, no travel required. You will receive all powerpoints for each section taught. Want to split the cost with other providers, please email us for cost (additional fees will apply)
This course will provide you will hands-on, practical approaches to the patient in pain. You will be able to return to your office and incorporate what you have learned into your daily practice.
1) Identify different types of pain and their causes – differentiating between acute and chronic pain
2) Describe different therapies used to treat different pain syndromes
3) List appropriate medications used to treat both acute and chronic pain, opioid and non-opioid therapies – when to use which one
4) Describe safe opioid prescribing habits – from genomics, urine drug screening, disposal of medications, to naloxone prescribing for accidental overdose
5) Complex cases in pain – The addicted patient, the elderly patient on multiple medications, fibromyalgia
6) 8hr CEs included
And much more…..
Do you work in a large pain practice or have multiple providers that need up to date education?
- We offer an intensive onsite 2-day hands-on pain management course. This will include: Day 1: 8-hour didactic curriculum with powerpoints. One on one question and answers, including 8 hours of CE for all participants (pharmacology included). Day 2: This day will be structured specifically for your needs – discussing case studies, working with pain expert in a clinic day, regulatory needs in the pain practice, reviewing policies and procedures specific to pain practices, etc.
- Contact us for pricing